DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ????
- A Crime
- A pattern of abusive tactics such as maintaining power and control over the victim
- Forms of Domestic Violence
WHO ARE THE VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE?????
One in every three women have been beaten, coerced or abused during her lifetime.
Every 9 seconds in the United States a woman is beaten or assaulted
Domestic Violence knows no color, age, economical status or religion
Over 10 million children have annually witnessed some form of domestic violence
Everyday more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.
WHAT YOU CAN DO????
If you are involved with any of the forms of domestic violence above we want you to be safe. Call one of the resources listed "just to talk"
You must do this for yourself and your children.
Develop a plan
- Call 911 if you are being abused
- Document the abuse. Take pictures of your bruises and injuries
- Organize and put together important documents
- Tell someone what is happening to you
- Contact one of the referrals on the "FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE" page
PLEASE CONTACT US SO WE CAN HELP YOU TO DEVELOP A PLAN FOR YOUR SAFETY
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE ALONE
THE NEXT STEP 301 627-7139